Wednesday, February 17, 2010

REMNANT CHALLENGE

Who: EVERYONE WHO SEWS!
When: Starts Wednesday Feb. 17, 2010
Ends Wednesday March 17, 2010 (St. Patrick’s Day!)


How it works: You get to pick out and purchase one (or more!) pieces from our remnants at an ADDITIONAL 50% off (that’s half of half!!!). Then, you have until St. Patrick’s Day to create a garment worth winning!

Prizes:
1st- $200 Fabrique gift certificate,
2nd-$100 Fabrique gift certificate
3rd-8”Ginghers

What the judges will look for:
creativity, technique, and overall transformation from a small remnant to a gorgeous, wearable garment!

Rules:
- You must register for the remnant challenge when you make your purchase.
- 75% of your final entry must be out of the remnant registered.
- Your challenge entry must be wearable.
- You must turn in your entry by 6:00pm on St. Patrick’s day to Fabrique.
- You MUST have fun while working on this challenge!


FAQ’s:
What if I have already purchased a remnant previous to the start date- can I use that as my remnant challenge piece? You may not use it as your main fabric, but you can incorporate it into your design!


How many remnants can I use? As many as you like!

Does the final entry have to fit ME? No.

Do I have to use the entire piece? No.

Do I have to turn it in physically or can I send pictures? We can only judge what is here physically in the store.

When is the last date I can purchase and register? March 16th, 2010

Can I enter more than one garment? ABSOLUTELY!

Can I use a purchased pattern? YES! The design is your choice and the pattern is your choice!

Do I HAVE to use a pattern? No- be creative and have fun!

Is there a maximum $ amount I can spend on what I put into the entry? No.



"You will never know what you can achieve if you do not attempt."
~anonymous

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad not to participate! I made 2 stunning pieces from fall remnants. I will take photos to share.

    ReplyDelete